play naked. the word game.
adventureclubinteractive challenges you to bring adventure to the next party. the naked word is the ultimate go-to game for any gathering. whether you are bored or amused, with fellow friends or total strangers- take charge of the situation. turn boring into better and amusement into amazement. the naked word game suits all situations. it is as serious or silly, competitive or friendly, intelligent or idiotic as its players. it is best described as a team effort in vocabulary, memory, communication and charades. the naked word is not a bulky board game with irreplaceable pieces. you don’t need much to play.
- at least six people divided into two teams
- plain paper cut enough to provide three small, identical pieces for each player
- a hat or similar object to draw folded pieces of paper from
- stopwatch / clock / timer
how to get ready to play naked.
- organize two equal teams. distribute three pieces of paper to every single player. distribute pens.
- instruct players to write down one person, one place and one thing. each word should be written on its own piece of paper. instruct players to be discreet about what they write down. do not show words to anyone even if they are on the same team.
- every player will two-fold their three pieces of paper and toss them into the hat.
- team one begins with the hat. team two begins with the stopwatch.
- 1 minute is set on stopwatch. the first player on team one has 1 minute to draw as many words out of the hat – one at a time – and describe them to teammates, using any words except the word on the piece of paper. if the player or the team gets stuck on a word they may not skip it. after 1 minute expires, the word left unguessed will get put back into the hat. all words guessed correctly in that 1 minute remain in a pile aside to be counted for points at the end of the round.
- switch. team one takes over the stopwatch. team two takes over with the hat.
- 1 minute for the first player on team two to draw as many words out of the hat- one at a time and describe them to teammates. see step 2.
- ….once all words from the hat are drawn and guessed each team will count their words as total points for the round. all words are two-folded back up and replaced into the hat.
- the team from round one that finished with the hat will pass it to the other team. the team from round one that finished with the stopwatch will pass it to the other team.
- see step 2. except that in this round each player may only say one word to describe the word drawn out of the hat. players may not use gestures, point or utter more than one word.
- repeat steps from round one. 4-6.
- same as rounds one and two. except that in this round each player may only act out the word drawn out of the hat. players may not point or utter any words.
- repeat steps 4-6.
- all points from all three rounds constitutes total points for the game. whichever team had more points is the winner at making words naked.